Kitchen Sponge Compostable Plant Based Duo Pack Plastic Free Zero Waste
This variant is currently sold out.
- Two of our favourite natural cleaning products in one handy pack!
- Absorbing & non-scratch scrubbing power combined
- Perfect for any cleaning job around the house
- Our pack contains 2 compostable sponges with a coconut husk scratch-free scouring side
- 2 different colours (1 yellow and 1 white): practical to differentiate the use of each sponge (i.e. the white for the kitchen, the yellow for the bathroom)
- Very absorbent
- Highly durable & non-scratch
- Packaging-free, plastic-free
- Biodegradable - Made entirely from plants
- Renewable and sustainable
- Size of each sponge: approx. 7cm x 11cm x 2cm
WHY WE LOVE THEM
Our Compostable Sponges are made from cellulose (a natural wood fibre), and have a natural scourer pad side made from coconut fibre (for every day scouring). They are 100% biodegradable, plastic-free & non-toxic to the environment.
They are durable and will last for months with no bad odours. They also require less soap than a traditional sponge scourer and produce more suds for easier cleaning!
These sponge scourers are great for doing the dishes, cleaning bathroom surfaces and kitchen countertops, as well as everyday spills. They’re absolutely perfect for cleaning all around the house.
Each sponge can absorb and retain up to 10 times its own weight in water and can last through many tough cleaning jobs! They’re hygienic, durable, environmentally-friendly, reusable and fully biodegradable, made from 100% plant-based material. That means these wonderful sponges are 100% plastic-free - no microplastics!
Traditional cleaning sponges are most often made from plastic and can’t be recycled or composted. They only do the job for some weeks before being binned, and then contribute to plastic pollution for hundreds of years!!!
Moreover, mass-produced synthetic sponges typically contain petroleum, bleach, assorted sulphates and a whole slew of nasty chemicals. Even after you throw old sponges away, the bacteria-killing Triclosan they’re filled with negatively affects aquatic ecosystems, especially algae that other animals depend on.
Gladly, a natural alternative exists now! Our plant-based sponges are made from wood and plants fibres which are much more eco-friendly as they go through a less toxic manufacturing process and they are biodegradable too.
Looking after your sponge
- To help keep your plant-based sponges free of nasty bacteria, keep them as dry as possible between uses.
- You can sterilise them by soaking for a few minutes in boiled water, microwave heating damp sponges or pop in the dishwasher with a drying cycle.
- Scientists recommend changing your sponges on a regular basis as indicated in a study published in 2017. They don't advise cleaning the sponges on a long term basis. We would change them every 2 to 4 weeks depending on the frequency of use.