Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Everybody loves truffles and the best thing is it’s sooooo easy to make. Child-friendly 👶 too, that’s how easy!
Grab your spatula, a jar of Praliné (from our website), a pot of whipping or double cream (vegan options exist) and a bar of our Ocelot chocolate (i love using the Blood Orange one for some orange flavoured truffles) or leftover chocolate from your Easter egg hunt!
Ingredients to make about 40 truffles
* 200g of your favourite dark chocolate.
* 100g of whipping or double cream (plant-based version to use by vegan).
* 100g of our traditional Praliné.
* A pinch of sea salt flakes (optional)
* Cacao powder for coating
* A spatula
* 2 bowls
* A small pot
* A baking tray lined with baking paper (or a silicone mould)
1. Break up 200g of chocolate and melt over a bain-marie, set aside.
2. Warm 100g of cream in a saucepan until just about to boil.
3. Pour a third of the cream on the melted chocolate and combine with a spatula. Keep stirring in the centre until nicely combined. Repeat twice with the other thirds.
4. Add 100g of your favourite Praliné and combine. We used the Traditional one here but you could use any of our delicious Pralinés really!
5. Pour into your lined dish, cover and leave to set in your fridge for about 3hrs.
6. Once set, turn the dish upside down on your table and bang it gently until the truffle mix is released.
7. Chop it into cubes (quicker process) or shape it into balls and place in a bowl with the cacao powder. Shake around to coat all the truffles. ☝️ You might want to do this in two goes depending on the size of the bowl!
Leave the truffles in the fridge until ready to eat. 😋 Bon appétit!