Compostable Sponge & Scourer Duo Pack
This product is currently sold out.
- Two of our favourite natural products in one handy pack!
- Absorbing & non-scratch scrubbing power combined
- Perfect for any cleaning job around the house
- Contains two types of natural sponge & scourer:
- Compostable sponge with sisal scouring side - for lighter scrubbing
- Compostable sponge with loofah scouring side - for heavy-duty scouring
- Very absorbent - up to 10x their own dry weight!
- Highly durable & non-scratch
- Low-impact packaging, plastic-free
- Biodegradable - Made entirely from plants
- Renewable and sustainable
- Size of each sponge scourer: 7cm x 11cm x 2cm
WHY WE LOVE THEM
EcoVibe Compostable Sponge Scourers are our new favourite cleaning accessories! The sponge part is made from cellulose (a natural wood fibre), and each sponge features a natural scourer pad side. One is made from sisal cactus fibre (for every day scouring) and the other is made from loofah plant layers (for tougher scrubbing power). They are 100% biodegradable, plastic-free & non-toxic to the environment.
They are durable and will last for months with no bad odours. They also require less soap than a traditional sponge scourer and produce more suds for easier cleaning!
These sponge scourers are great for doing the dishes, cleaning bathroom surfaces and kitchen countertops, as well as everyday spills. They’re absolutely perfect for cleaning all around the house.
Each sponge can absorb and retain up to 10 times its own weight in water and can last through many tough cleaning jobs! They’re hygienic, durable, environmentally-friendly, reusable and fully biodegradable, made from 100% cellulose which is natural wood fibre. That means these wonderful sponges are 100% plastic-free - no microplastics!
Most common kitchen sponges are made from plastic and can’t be recycled or composted. They’re usually only used for a couple of weeks to clean the kitchen and kitchen appliances before they’re thrown away, where they’ll contribute to plastic pollution for hundreds of years before eventually breaking down into microplastics.
What’s more, mass-produced synthetic sponges are all made with petroleum, bleach, assorted sulphates and a whole slew of nasty chemicals. Even after you throw old sponges away, the bacteria-killing triclosan they’re filled with negatively affects aquatic ecosystems, especially algae that other animals depend on.
But don’t worry, these cellulose sponges are a great alternative to chemical-filled plastic sponges! These sponges are made from wood fibres which are much more eco-friendly as they go through a less toxic manufacturing process and they are biodegradable too.
Looking after your sponge
- To help keep your cellulose sponge free of nasty bacteria, keep it as dry as possible between uses.
- You can sterilise them by soaking for a few minutes in boiled water, microwave heating damp sponges or pop in the dishwasher with a drying cycle.